Thursday, December 14, 2006

Marty Stewart and a lace update . . .





Who knew I married Marty Stewart - Martha's long lost twin brother (who is also 20+ years younger then Martha in a weird scientific twist) who was then left in Omaha with another mother to love and raise him... Look at the evidence - our whole huge dining room table is filled with christmas cookies that he made and decorated (I tried to help, but like Martha, he had a very specific method to the making, so I just watched), the oh-so-cute boxes that he got to pack the cookies in and send to him mom and daughter, and the front door wreath that he made from the extra branches from our christmas tree (and he made one of those for all 4 front doors on our house!) He is a little cranky about this post, as he thinks I am making fun. However, I am not -- I am proud to have a husband who helps with the holiday cheer and has more Christmas (or Christmahannakuanzica) spirit then I do. Here's to more then one crafty person in our house! I love you PSP!!

Oh, I almost forgot -- the lace! Here is the first repeat of the lace pattern. Sorry the picture isn't the best, but when I set it on the talble, it just looked like a holey brown blob. I am really excited about it - it is going pretty fast for lace. I am just starting to get into the rhythm of the pattern, which is great and means it should start to go even faster! Okay, enough in progress . . .

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those cookies look good. Yum! Your lace is beautfiul too. LOL!

verasunshyne said...

ooh, beautiful lace!! I think Mr. Stewart should start up his own blog, join the club, ya know??

roxtarc said...

martha made ME do unspeakable things also.... i made mason jar gifts... for nobody in particular... just in case gifts (and i'm bringing em w/me to ctg's nonne's & families homes)... (can't make me look BAD right?) hahah

hope your holidaze are amazing!!!! ;)