Sunday, September 09, 2007

First round is finished



The first round of stockings is finished. I need to block the one with the green cuff again - but all in all I am glad that they are done. I have started round two - I still have a little bit of my dad's stocking to write and one other one that is in my head. I started a stocking that I had thought would be mine - but as it turns out - I am not very happy with it, so I will finish it for experience and knit another one for me. (Actually, I like it better in the photo - then in reality).

The store was slow yesterday, so I turned the heel on my schoolgirl socks, and can now use them for errand knitting :) Since it is quite cool here this morning, I am thinking that I need to get a move on and finish them so I can wear them and apparently sock season is fast approaching! Oh, and I found my vinnland sock and a quarter - so they will be next...

Went to a cool benefit show for John Stabb this week. Its a sad and scary story, but good to know that there are good people in the world willing to help. He has been a fixture in the DC punk scene for years. He was randomly targeted by a bunch of kids who broke his face, literally. The link to the whole story is here.

On a lighter note, have a great week!
Happy Knitting!!

7 comments:

a friend to knit with said...

those look awesome sunne!
how special!

and a whole new round.....like in three more? ohhhh i am impressed!

Jackie said...

Wow, those are beautiful! He he, now I might have to jump on your bandwagon and knit some stockings too..

DAWN said...

Wow, I read about John Stabb and looked at those pictures. Incredable! It never ceases to amaze me how vicious we can be to one another. Thankfully the compassionate side is who we are truely meant to be.

Jana said...

My husband has a leather motorcycle jacket buried in the back of the closet (that doesn't fit him anymore) that has government issue stenciled down one sleeve. I have to see if he knows about this horrible occurence. Glad you went to the benefit and to read he is feeling optimistic. The stockings, as usual, are beautious!

Beth said...

Wow! Great stockings! They'll look so nice hung up this holiday season and you'll feel so great when you fill them with goodies.

Nice work.

BEESTLYproducts said...

all that fair isel looks pretty intense! our BTS season just dropped off, and i find myself staring at the wall half of the day. ugh. christmas is just around the corner,

jules said...

Incredible stockings!!! WOW