Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Hemlock Ring Blanket

Generally I consider my photography pretty sucky. This little lap blanket is so pretty, I actually enjoyed trying to get some photos of it!
I found this in a Ravelry group - she took such amazing photos - I had to knit it! The best part is that it was a super quick knit - maybe 15 hours, maybe less... I started it Sunday night and blocked it the next Sunday night. I am giving it to my Grandmother for her 88th birthday in two weeks. It measures just over 4 feet across - a nice little lap blanket. You can find the pattern from BrooklynTweeds blog or Ravelry page. Its a doily (the one he chose is called the Hemlock Ring, although in searching the net, I found the exact same pattern copyrighted to at least 6 people, under different names) knit with size 10 needles and Cascade Ecological Wool yarn. This project more then most REALLY needed blocking. I loved this project!

The worst part of the whole thing, is I found my "large" blocking board is too small. Even for a small project like this, it was not enough. So sometime in my future, there will be a second blocking board to give me more room...

Happy Knitting!!



8 comments:

moxieknits said...

holy cats ! your a super speedy knitter! your grandmother is very lucky, and just in time for the cooler weather.

SpinalCat said...

wow, that's great!
Looks like a good way to get my lace fix without committing to another 3-month-long project. That, or start making actual doilies. But I like the big blanket better. It would probably get noticed (and used) much more than a tiny doily.

KTMay said...

Wow...beautious! It's so much more fun to knit afghans and such once it coooooools down!

BEESTLYproducts said...

well, whoever own's the rights to that pattern, rox. it looks gr8.

a friend to knit with said...

you have got to be kidding me! one week...15 hours! amazing....
what a wonderful, wonderful birthday gift! your grandmother will LOVE it! fabulous job!

DAWN said...

So so pretty. How satisfying to have such a nice piece in a short amount of time. She will love it.

Jana said...

Gorgeous! Perfect for a lap blanket for a grandma, she is so lucky! I love the idea of a round afghan too. Very, very cool!

Delusional Knitter said...

That is absolutely lovely, I am sure your grandmother will just love it. I love the color too, the design is so elegant that this simple color does so well to show off the stitches!