Thursday, October 11, 2007

Another FO...

So the schoolgirl socks are done. This project is so disappointing. The socks are different colors - more evident off then on, but I know so it sucks. On the upside, they fit amazingly! I love the way they feel on - good thing I have lots of tall boots. And my short row heels are getting better, but you can still see the little lines of o's. Maybe after I wash them, they will be better... At least I now know that I can make tall socks - next time, I will try two socks at once...


9 comments:

Jana said...

The first thing I thought when I started reading this was, "Maybe after they are washed or blocked?" And then you typed that too! I hope you try it, it might work. Though really, when they're on you can't see a difference at all!

a friend to knit with said...

what a bummer!
how did that happen....?
i do love the schoolgirl sock thing....and popping out of a tall boot is great!

Shadkitty said...

That sucks. But, they look pretty great otherwise.

LotusKnits said...

I think they're super cute, sucks that they don't totally match though.

DAWN said...

they are awesome! what patience you have.

kasiaiscarly said...

with boots, you'll totally not notice the slight color difference. . . well, OK, YOU will, but no one else will, so don't stress about it :)

BEESTLYproducts said...

i still love them. quite awesome tall sox, lady!

Delusional Knitter said...

Are they different colors because you had to use different skeins? That happens in the handpainted yarns (which is what that looks like). Otherwise they are awesome!! I am doing 2 socks at once right now, though it seems tedious, I am sure I will be happy when I have a PAIR and not a lone sock!!

Zenknitter LesleyD said...

I agree. The socks look great. You really can't tell that the colors are too off though. Maybe washing the darker one will make it fade to the other. ? Maybe? They do look awesome though!!!