Sunday, June 10, 2007

virtual vacation swap questionaire

1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why?
I would go to Washington and spend more time. It is my favorite, favorite place. Eastern Washington is so beautiful and bountiful, Western Washington has wonderful indoor and outdoor activities. The food is amazing, the scenery is phenominal, the activities are plentiful and there is plenty of culture.

2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why?
I would go back to New Zealand. When I was there there was so much to do, so many places to go, that there wasn't time. Plus, there was so much to do - tramp, museums, wine tasting, yarn shops, visit penguins..

3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries?
Yes, I have taken many road trips across the country and canada. I try to take at least one road trip a year.

4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it?
The Islands of Greece were exotic, as was the yucatan penninsula in Mexico - both very different, beautiful, romantic and adventurous.

5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why?
I think it was my New Zealand trip with my husband - we did a little of everything from staying in a five star hotel, a bed and breakfast, and camped. We ate at dive-y local places and nice restaurants. And best of all, we were just on our schedule. No rush, no gotta sees, just whatever struck us at the time.

6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain.
Yes. With all the mountain towns and old west historical sites, there is a lot of touristing around here. I am always up for an adventure and when we have friends from far away visiting, it is always fun to try something/some place that we have not yet been.

7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker?
I do all of them. There is a time and a place for everything and a you never know where you will find adventure, meet an interesting person or see a view that takes your breath away.

8. What's your favorite type of yarn?
Anything natural and not too itchy. I have knit with things that I never thought I would, and loved them, so I hate to limit.

9. What's your least favorite type of yarn?
Acrylic, fuzzy, mohair, angora, novelty yarn.

10. What items do you like to knit/crochet?
I knit a lot of lace, socks have been heavy on the summer "to knit" list, scarves, hats, anything really. I don't crochet.

11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation?
Always more then I can possibly finish and generally a diversity of projects. I don't want to be out of town and hate the project that I am working on. So generally a lace shawl, a pair or two of socks and a mindless project.

12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet?
I make stitch markers regularly and make cards, invites, cook, garden, and make jewelery on a more infrequent basis.

13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise)
I am allergic to wheat.

14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite?
My favorite colors are purple and black, but anything earthy and muted is great. I am not as fond of yellow, orange bright colors.

15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)?
sweet

16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know?

1 comment:

Secret Knitter said...

Oh boy are we going to have fun.... :-D