Friday, May 04, 2007

The Hush Dress is Done!!

Updated - here is the real photo of the Hush dress after a long day of knitting, work, dinner and going out - I still love it!!

Yes, its true - the Hush dress is finally done and I am wearing it today!! I swear I will update this post later with a decent photo of it on - cuz I actually LIKE it!! Don't sound so amazed - mr.sunneshine said. But I am amazed! After all the work and toil - I was sure that I wasn't really going to like it or like wearing it. Plus at the end of the project, it was pulling teeth to get the straps done. Oh. I am so happy!!
I did just put one bow at the bottom, not the four suggested by the pattern, it was too much going on... Otherwise, I would recommend the pattern. I think if I hadn't knit it 1 and a half times, I would have been much more psyched about the end of the project! Yippee!! Done!! Done!! Done!! And I think I will be knitting small projects for a bit...

I have already started these tidal wave socks from SWTC with Tofutsies sock yarn, gifted to me by my PRGE pal SpinalCat! I LOVE how these are working out!! I love the stripes, they are knitting quickly despite the size 1 needles and the yarn feels amazing!! Thanks again, Amy!!

Happy Knitting!!

14 comments:

DAWN said...

Hush your mouth--you look great! and what a pattern... I also like the sock yarn quite a bit. Nice.

KnitXcorE said...

OMG!!! you're finally finished. and it's ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stella said...

The dress is gorgeous!! I'm knitting a pair of socks with the same yarn right now.. I love that yarn! I can't wait to get them done and wear them out!

said...

I'm so tired I can't think, but I LOVEEEEE your Hush dress! It's fantabulous!

a friend to knit with said...

YEAH!!!!
It is sooo Great!!!

You will be able to wear that a ton! Can't you picture it with a little cotton t under it too! SOOO cute! :)

Have a great weekend!

Jodi said...

Gorgeous dress! I love how the socks are knitting up, too.

KatnZoey said...

that dress is hot, i could definetly see myself making somethihg like that for myself. after thinking for awhile with what i could make with that rowan r2 rag in black i won on PRGE, ive decided to make a cute little short skirt. i think it would turn out pretty cool, and go well with some sweet stockings.

Knittymama said...

Wow, that is so, so incredibly cute!!!!

nana said...

That dress! Fantastic. After all you went through, I can tell it was well worth the effort. You did a great job

Rachel said...

That is a great dress and it looks awesome on you!!

Heide said...

YOUR DRESS IS ADORABLE! I am so going to check into this pattern... then again, I don't think I'd look as good in it.

pseudobunny said...

nice.
real nice!!
I have a sock pattern you would like!
aloha
rachel

Beth said...

WOW! A knitted dress! I'm impressed. It's gorgeous and looks great on you. Nice job!

a friend to knit with said...

ohhh I just saw the updated photo!
Beautiful!