Monday, March 12, 2007

Knitters Treat Exchange Questionaire

I have always known that I have a swap problem. This one looked so fun, I had to do it. Plus a one month committment is easy!! And I love the questionaire -- I think for the next round of prge, I would like to make a shorter more creative questionaire -- that 41 questions this time was too long, even for me.... More creative questions may make it easier for pals to chat, hmmmm

Knitters Treat Exchange Questionnaire


1. What's your favourite type of yarn?
I will knit with any type of natural fiber - as long as its not too itchy. I prefer yarns that are worsted or thinner. I love alpaca, merino, cotton, cashmere, camel, or blends..... I knit a lot of lace, so these fibers are more suited to that.

2. What's your least favourite type of yarn?
I do not like acrylic, novelty, eyelash type of yarns.

3. What's the first thing you do when you visit a new yarn shop?
Look to see if they carry anything local, small production, or hand made -- then I look to see what they carry in organic, natural fibers....

4. What other crafts do you do / would like to do?
Make invitations, stitch markers and a little jewelry making

5. What magazines do you currently subscribe to?
Interweave Knits, Creative Knitting (it was a heartfelt gift), Sunset, Smithsonian, Newsweek

6. Put this type of magazine in order of preference:
Knitting / Crochet / Other Craft / Food / Home / Fashion / Celebrity Gossip / Garden
Knitting - Food - Garden - Home - Fashion - Other Craft - Celebrity Gossip - crochet

7. What items do you like to knit / crochet?
I don't crochet, but I love to knit hats, gloves, lace scarves and shawls, sweaters, an occasional blanket and right now I am actually working on a dress

8. Are you allergic to anything?
nothing

9. What do you like to smell of?
natural smells but nothing too sweet - jasmine, pine, lavender, grass, green tea

10. What's your favourite way to relax?
Curl up in my chair and knit while listening to music or take a walk outside on a beautiful day in the mountains

11. You're stood in front of a Victorian style sweetshop, an Italian cafe, an old fashioned bakery and a dainty tea room. Where do you go first?
Such a tough call, since I love food - but cake is really my favorite - so I think the bakery would win in the end for a piece of chocolate cake with white frosting (or a cupcake) - yummmm

12. What do you come out with?
oops, answered that one above

13. Where do you go next?
I would go to the Italien cafe for an antipasta plate and frutti de mar....

14. Any other words of wisdom for your pal?
Knitting and gift giving are two of my favorite things!! So I am really excited about this fun swap! I love thoughtful gifts, so I am sure that I will love what you put together!

1 comment:

Elspeth said...

Mmmm, chocolate cake with white icing is my favorite too!