Tuesday, March 13, 2007

And then there were two....

Sorry the photo is so dark, but the camera batteries are on their last ounce of juice and there's no time to charge them....

The Hush,Hush dress is really coming to be again!! As you may be able to make out in the photo, there are two with finished decreases -- and only one with a stripe! Yipee!! I still have a ways to go - I think 6 more inches till I am kitting the lace at the top, but I am very pleased!! I will have a dress to wear this summer.... Now I just have to decide what length to make it, the pattern length or shorter, I'll have my measuring tape out tonight!

And because I can't buy yarn, and my copy of Victorian Lace Today was lonely and two people on my lace kal just finished gorgeous shawls from this book.... I bought myself a treat yesterday! I am really excited to look through and find a shawl to do after my dress is done. I would really like to do a round shawl, I haven't done one of those yet - so I am sure that it would be a good learning experience. Also, in my continuing efforts to reduce my stash - there is a bunch of lace yarn that could be used up. (Although, black lace yarn is on the list of to-buys on my day of yarn purchasing - April 16th)

Have a good week!

6 comments:

roxtarc said...

i say shorter... it'll be summer... think legs! hahah

yeah.. i guess i havta face it... i AM CARRIE (hahaha) meanwhile my father makes arthur look like a well adjusted pillar of society!
HA HA HA HA!!!

thanks for the good wishes!
and the pics may be a lil dark but you can still see how good it's lookin!

a friend to knit with said...

I can't wait to see that dress!!! I wish I could see how long it was in the pattern.....I will have to go back on your posts....And a lace shawl sounds perfect for the summer too!

Stephermay said...

I wish I had the patience to knit that dress... I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Stephermay said...

I wish I had the patience to knit that dress... I can't wait to see how it turns out!

BEESTLYproducts said...

the dress is looking good!!!! guess what I finally shipped yesterday????

DAWN said...

I want to get the Victorian Lace book. I read an awesome review of it yesterday and now I'm really jones'n for it. Meanwhile, April 16!! you must be getting a little punchy... brave woman.