Tuesday, September 02, 2008

PRGE questionnaire

1. Why did you join PRGE?
I love this swap - everyone treats each other so well (punk without the attitude...)

1.a. Have you done other swaps? Are you doing other swaps right now?
I have done bunches of other swaps - the only other one that I would consider right now is the coffee swap that starts again in October, I think...

2. What are your five favorite things? (these don't have to be knit related)
Creating, finally having some space, good food, good hugs and my husband

2.a. Do these things allow any hints into your personality for your punk pal?
probably...

3. What are your three favorite things that you have made with knitting/crochet?
stockings for the whole family last year, Hush dress, Monster knucks

3.a. What do you tend to make with knit/crochet?
I tend to make a lot of hats and fingerless gloves... oh and socks are running close behind...

3.b. What do you hope to make (or complete that you have started) someday?
My Secret of the Stole 3 shawl - I love it, but it really takes concentration for my to work on it and I haven't had any lately...

4. What five things would you love to see in a swap box someday? Why?
I love new patterns that I have never tried with the yarn, great project bags (since I won't purchase them), chocolate - self explanitory, something that I cannot get in Denver, anything with thought behind it!

4.a. What do you hope to never see in a swap box again (or ever)?
acrylic yarn, silly yarn books, and anything melted...

5. What are your three favorite yarns? What are your three least favorite yarns?
My three favorite yarns are any handspun sock yarn, black wool or cotton yarn, yarn to knit latvian mittens with in colors and any yarn that is pretty, natural fiber and pretty to look at...
Least favorite yarns are acrylic, scratchy, and mohair.

5.a. Do you like solid, self-striping, or multi-colored yarns?
I don't mind self striping for socks, but I don't like yarn that doesn't strip but has color flecks (learned that one the hard way about 15 times), generally though, I really like solid color yarns, I find I actually wear what I make out of them.

5.b. What are your favorite colors? What are your favorite colors to knit with?
My favorite colors are purple, burgandy, gray and black - I will knit with most any color but grey, black, olive, creme and taupe are the projects that I wear... The others tend to get donated...

6. What are your five favorite delicacies?
Good steak, good wine, good french fries, veggies from my garden, and good friends

6.a. What yarn do you hope to one day try and why?
I am not sure... I tend to love whatever I am currently knitting with...

7. What are your three favorite guilty pleasures?
Bad TV, chocolate cake with white frosting, and driving to work

7.a. What are your favorite tv or movie charactors?
I only rarely see movies, though I could be convinced to see the new Cohen Bros. film - I love Chuck, My Name is Earl and The Office

8. What are the five things you look forward to every week?
Going to work, seeing my husband every night when I return home, knitting during staff meeting, cooking on my day off, getting more settled into our new house

8.a. What do you do during your week (ie - work, take care of three kids, race walk)?
I work at a daytime drop-in shelter for women and children experiencing poverty and I love every second of it - great staff, great clients - I also try to commute by bicycle - knit a little - cook a couple days a week - garden and sleep

9. What do you collect?
Everything - but I am trying to quit collecting so many things.

9.a. What collects you?
Yarn

10. When is your birthday?
July 31st

10.a. What is your favorite holiday and why?
Christmas - I love giving and receiving gifts! Halloween is a close second - its just so fun to dress up!!

11. Do you have any wishlists?
I have a wishlist on amazon.com

11.a. Do you have a "favorites" collection anywhere that your pal should know about?
I do have a favorites list on etsy.com

12. Do you have any allergies or health related conditions that your pal should know about?
I am allergic to wheat - however mr.sunneshine benefits from anything that I do not eat, so I never worry about it

12.a. What drives you nuts?
Not much - I am really laid back...

13. What do you do for work and what do you do for fun?
I am the director of programs at work - coordinating programs in health, jobs, education, and art -- for fun, I garden, sell things on etsy, teach knitting, knit, and read...

13.a. What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
I am not sure - I think I would try to sell my art

14. What would you like your pal to know that is not covered here?
I am super laid back and love swaps - I will love anything that you do as long as there is a little thought to it! That is why I love this exchange - its all about the people! I know that what ever you do, it will be great... Thanks for playing!

14.a. Are you excited for the contests or will you just pretend that they do not exist?
I enjoy the contests - its so fun to see what everyone does - the entries are generally so diverse!

No comments: