Wednesday, November 14, 2007

One more stocking and some progress...

One more stocking down! I finished the stocking for my SIL. With a few modifications, it is the Scandinavian Stocking from IK holiday 2006. I have to admit I got a little bored at the end. I do like the color and think it turned out well and he will be happy.

The grandbaby's stocking is coming along. I was really nervous about the colors, but I think its turning out really well. Now that I am back to the fair isle, it should go quickly...

Finally, there is Emma's stocking - she is my dad's girlfriends dog. I wanted to do a colorful stocking that used up my scraps. She was the one designated to get it, since I was unsure about how it would turn out... However, its great! There is a little 70's vibe with the heel (and soon to be the toe), but I am really happy with it! And I made it smaller then the giant people stockings, so its going really quick.

Now I am closing in on the end of the stockings - I would like to do 5 more, but really only HAVE to do one - mine, which I haven't written the pattern for yet... Of course, once they are all knit, I have to weave all the ends and block all of them except three... Oh the excitement...

Happy Knitting!!

No comments: