There has actually been a lot of knitting or planning for knitting this week. First, I wrote the fair-isle for three stockings. One was completely original, two were patterns from books or vintage pamphlets, that I combined and re-wrote to work with the size constraints of stockings. All of which was much more time consuming then I had thought - now I just hope I like how they knit. There are still two more designs roaming around in my head, but I think I want to see how the others knit before I write those out...
I have finished the leg of the first floral stocking. I am not sure about the colors, but I do love the way that the patterns are working out. This stocking will be for my dad's girlfriend. I still have to finish the foot, but haven't decided exactly what I am going to do yet. So I am on to the leg of the next design. I would like to have four stockings done by the end of labor day weekend - or at least the legs.
I am not off to start the next stocking leg - then going to look up some EZ fair-isle and MSKS for heel and toe ideas.