Monday, February 24, 2014

TIme, time, time.

It was a beautiful day today. A really lovely spring preview. Even Roscoe did some sunbathing in the beautiful sunshine.


For the second day, I thought I had an hour, maybe two left on my skirt panel. Oh how wrong I was... It is worth the time to complete the project with consistent detailing. The results are lovely.


This got me thinking about slow crafting and time. Why do knitters develop such a stash, and the same stashes of fabric for those who quilt and sew. Is it that we don't estimate the amount of time for projects, is it the pretty colors and patterns? I would like to have my skirt complete by late April, but after the last two days, I am not sure that is a realistic timeline. More time and meditation is needed in my life to think through the issues of slow craft and time...



1 comment:

Samantha said...

I'm so excited to see your finished product. Meanwhile, on the slow-crafting note, Cauchy over at completely cauchy has been working on "slow selfies" and musing on slow craft... you should go check it out... http://cauchycomplete.wordpress.com/2014/02/09/slow-selfie-to-answer-some-questions/