Saturday, June 14, 2008

The art piece


While there has been knitting, there has not been blogging. And I expect it will be a bit, till the blogging gets back on track. Mr.sunneshine and I found a house that we love, and are now jumping through all the hoops to make it our own. July 10th is the scheduled closing. If you could please send us some good closing energy - we would appreciate it.

Until then, here is my piece that I made for the art show at work. It is called "Socks for Dobbie; Knitting to End Enslavement". It is a wooden box that came with some tequilla that we purchased, paper mache on the inside, found objects, beads, and little mini knit socks. The meaning of the piece has a lot to do with my new job - which I still love - and the women who I work with... Sorry the photo is not great - since it is going in a public space and I did not want anyone to touch the inside, there is a plexiglass front.

Soon, I will show off the knitting. I started a sweater last week, before we found the house. I am sure I will be thrilled if it is finished before November now... Oh, Well...
Happy KNitting!!

3 comments:

kasiaiscarly said...

good luck with the house!! how exciting!

Jana said...

I love that art piece. So pretty and detailed. Good luck with the house stuff, it's way stressful but totally worth it in the end!

Samantha said...

Love that piece so much :-)